Hello! As I write this we are already getting close to mid-August and I’ve got major summer FOMO going on because harvest is coming up (my hubby is a grain farmer) and the to-do list is getting longer rather than shorter but all I want to do is spend all day tubing and wakeboarding on the lake followed by a bonfire and hot chocolate with a good movie all cozied up on the couch.
It’s all good though because I get to do what I love, where and when I want, and I want the same for you! With the way the internet is these days our opportunities are literally LIMITLESS. There are so many ways you can make an income from the comfort of your own home, from your phone, on a beach – wherever your little heart desires. And if you’re rolling your eyes saying YA right, too good to be true. But you’re hating your 9-5 job or maybe your current business just isn’t lighting you up (or bringing in the bacon) to truly create the life you desire. This is a space where I will fully push you to dream BIGGER. You’ve got ONE life, so why not make this life something you are absolutely obsessed with?!
I think a lot about how I can help other women get over their fears and doubts and take what is theirs, and sometimes I think it comes from starting before you are ready. So first things first, I want you to get out a pen and paper (or just write it down in your phone) your TRUE DEEP-DOWN desires for your life – retire your husband, make 10K a month, pay off debt, hire a housecleaner, have extra “fun” money, become a millionaire, impact thousands of people, etc. – whatever it is – other people are doing it so it is POSSIBLE. And don’t worry, your secrets are safe with me :).
SO here are some ways you can start a little side hustle and make those things happen. You’ve got to WANT it though. (Go purchase the book “Start With Why” by Simon Sinek).
- CrowdSource – CrowdSource offers many types of jobs from “microtask” jobs to larger writing and editing jobs. You decide how much you work and you can do most of it right at your computer.
- SpeakWrite – SpeakWrite will pay you up to $15/hour to transcribe information. You set your own schedule and work from home.
- Social Media Manager or Virtual Assistant – this may take a bit of time to learn exactly how to do it but it is a great way to start!
- Fulfilled-by-Amazon (FBA): You could start selling on the largest online store in the world and not spend the time to build out your own infrastructure or worry about traffic. You will need to pay a commission, but most of the other processes will be automated for you.
- Drop-shipping: Amazon offers one form of drop-shipping, but there are other resources for drop-shipping products that you’ll never actually have to see or handle yourself. You’ll simply need to close the sale. Providers like SaleHoo, Worldwide Brands, and many others, offer you a resource for drop-shipping your products.
- Etsy – if you are crafty in ANY way!
- Uber or Lyft: If you’re in an area where you can find Uber or Lyft, the hours are flexible and you can work as you see fit, making it perfect, even if you currently have full-time employment but are looking to make some money on the side.
- Swagbucks: With Swagbucks, there are a number of ways you can make money. You can shop online, watch videos, answer surveys and surf the web. The app gives you both cash back and gift cards as a reward for your efforts.
- Inbox Dollars: Another app you can use to make money online is Inbox Dollars, which pays you for watching television, taking surveys and shopping. There are cash offers here and it’s relatively similar to some of the other apps in this arena.
- Sponsored/paid posts – Many blogs publish sponsored and paid posts. Sponsored posts are basically just posts about a specific brand, product or service. A company will pay you to publish an article about it. It’s similar with other paid posts as well. Your basically selling the spot for the article on your site. If you decide to take this route, you’ll want to build your traffic before you will get many offers.
- Fiverr: Israeli-based Fivver was started in 2010 by Shal Wininger and Micha Kaufam. You can offer gigs as low as $5 but also get paid much more for upgrades and add-ons. I’ve used Fiverr before when I’ve had tasks that I wasn’t able to do myself!
- Shutterstock and iStockPhoto: Are you great at photography? Why not sell photos on some of the leading photography sites or create your own membership for stock photos? If you do have skill in this arena, it’s a great potential source for passive income.
- Cafe Press: This website allows you to create digital designs that can then be sold on the platform. You’ll earn a commission for everything that sells and you’ll never have to deal with logistics like printing, warehousing and customer service. If you have some graphic design skills, then this is a great potential source for your web-based income.
- High-ticket consulting or coaching: You could sell your own high-ticket consulting or coaching products from your website.
- Affiliate Marketing:
- There are loads of resources for making money online as an affiliate. You could source products from ClickBank, Commission Junction, Rakuten Marketing, Share-a-Sale, Impact Radius and many others. Plus, many of the larger companies have their own affiliate programs as well. Do your due diligence and find the right company with a relevant product or service to your audience that you can sell as an affiliate.
- Swagbucks – Swagbucks is great for earning some extra cash. You can do a variety of things to make money, from taking surveys to using their search engine. You won’t get rich, but you will earn a few bucks. If you have the time to kill, you can spend it earning some extra cash, instead of surfing the web.
- User Testing – User Testing pays $10 a pop for testing websites. A test usually takes about 15-20 minutes. The purpose is for a website owner to watch someone, who is new to their site, try to navigate it. The value that the site owner gets by watching an actual user experience is worth a ton, but $10 isn’t a bad pay-out.
- Freelance Writing:
- TopTenz – TopTenz pays $50 for each accepted post. Again, the article has to be in a list format and it must be at least 1,500 words, with few exceptions. They post often so your chances of getting accepted are fairly high.
- Listverse – Listverse pays $100 for each accepted post. The article must be a list, it must be at least 1,500 words and you must include at least 10 things. Other than that, you can get pretty creative with it.
- Ignite Your Life (my personal side hustle FAVE – click here for more details)
So no matter which way you choose to make money online, understand that nothing in this world is a get rich quick scheme but a year from now, you’ll be SO happy you started today. Remember, time is far more valuable than money. Focus on creating passive income streams that will free up your time so that you can quit the rat race and focus on the things that matter.
If you’ve got any questions, please drop them below! And let me know what your fave ways to make an income online are!